Play MPE has launched the latest version of its full-service mobile app. The app, available now for iOS and Android, gives promotional professionals and other tastemakers access to releases from the industry’s largest major labels as well as countless independent labels and artists.
“Play MPE has become synonymous with providing tastemakers with the means to discover new, interesting music from around the world,” explains Play MPE’s Fred Vandenberg. “Our position in our industry is unique, in that we have remained focused on furthering our product, adding new features that improve efficiencies. We are shaping how our customers think of digital distribution.”
Extending its successful web-based service, Play MPE’s app will bring all the functionality radio and other music professions need to do their jobs, right to their smartphones. Features include:
• Google Chromecast / Airplay capabilities: Play MPE can stream tracks onto large screens during meetings or other group discussions of content
• Fast streaming: Play MPE has optimized streaming speeds for a frictionless listening experience
• Format-based search: Search customized for the way radio programmers and station managers think about music
• Collections: Flag favorites, create custom playlists, and create custom libraries of tracks in the app
• Easy access to promo-material links: Artist information, from tour dates to album art, linked directly in the app